Sears adds Bufano as evp, softlines
Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 12/10/2001 12:00:00 AM
HOFFMAN ESTATES, IL —
Sears, Roebuck and Co. has named Kathryn Bufano to the new post of executive vp, softlines, effective Jan. 1.
Reporting to chairman and ceo Alan Lacy, Bufano will focus on merchandising strategies, including brand development and worldwide sourcing for all men's, women's and children's apparel, footwear, home fashions and jewelry.
"Kathy Bufano is a talented, results-oriented merchant," said Lacy.
She comes to Sears from value-priced woman's apparel retailer The Dress Barn, where she was president and chief merchandising officer since February 2001. Before that, she was with Macy's East since 1995, serving as executive vp and gmm of women's apparel for the last five years. She also spent 17 years at Lord & Taylor, where she advanced from department manager and assistant buyer in 1977 to senior vp and gmm for misses sportswear, special sizes and juniors, a post she held from 1989 to 1995.
Elliot Jaffe, chairman and ceo of Dress Barn, said, "We are very disappointed that Kathy will be leaving us. However, she is one of the outstanding fashion merchants in the country today and this offer presents a challenge that she could not turn down. We all wish her every success in her future at Sears."
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...