IFDA to honor journalist Chapman
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 8/20/2008 1:54:00 PM
New York – The New York Chapter of the International Furnishings Design Association will hold a memorial service Sept. 9 in memory of Pat Chapman, journalist and home furnishings public relations executive who died suddenly last May.
The memorial service will take place from 4:30 p.m. - 6:30 p.m. at Steelcase, 4 Columbus Circle, in Manhattan.
In addition, IFDA has established the Pat Chapman Memorial Scholarship, to be awarded to a student in the media department at Parsons The New School for Design, New York. Donations should be made out to Parsons and sent to the IFDA NY headquarters at 200 Lexington Ave., Suite 416, New York, N.Y. 10016.
Donations can also be made on site at the service.
After working for daily newspapers in New York and New Jersey, Chapman began covering home furnishings for the trade press. She also ran a public relations firm, Chapman-Jones Communications, which specialized in home furnishings clients.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...