Wide variety spices up life for Bay Linens
By Andrea Lillo -- Home Textiles Today, 4/15/2002 12:00:00 AM
AT THE NEW YORK MARKET —
The latest introductions at Bay Linens cover the "most varied amount of fabrications we've ever done," said Dianne Morris, president.
Named after the Italian island known for its glasswork, the Murano pattern is constructed of a double cloth and the pattern can be seen from both sides, she said, with gold on white on one side and white on gold on the other. The design is of an abstract scroll with a small diamond pattern.
The more colorful Bellisimo is an unusual sateen jacquard pattern because it has many colors woven into it, she said. The design itself is a traditional urn design on a dark red ground.
A yet-unnamed matelasse uses an ivory tone-on-tone ground with an engineered design of a peach bouquet woven in the center of the coverlet, bedspread and shams.
In addition, Morris felt that modern looks remain strong, hence the Atelier graphic woven pattern of circles and squares with blacks, browns and beiges. "It's a very sleek look," she said.
Bay Linens has also seen the increased demand for comforters, Morris said, and and as a result has grown that part of its business significantly. A new introduction is Beaver Creek, a textured chenille with a lodge/Southwest feel and a red on beige coloration. Bay Linens' comforters overall are not as airy as traditional comforters, she said, since they are not stitched down, and look more like duvets.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...