Towellers Links to Chesapeake
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 5/21/2007 12:00:00 AM
Karachi; Annapolis, Md. —
Manufacturers Towellers Limited and Chesapeake Textiles Co. have announced a joint venture to develop and produce environmentally friendly product lines using Eco2Cotton yarns.
Under exclusive license from Eco2Cotton producer Jimtex Yarns, the Towellers-Chesapeake partnership will make and market the trademarked Earthtowel and Earthblanket lines. Jimtex is a unit of Martex Fiber Southern.
"We are committed to environmental responsibility and protection, from the reverse osmosis treating of all waste water from our new one-million-square-foot manufacturing facility outside Karachi, to using Eco2cotton eco-friendly yarns," said Sheik Mohammed Obaid, managing director of Towellers.
"Every product featuring our Earthtowel or Earthblanket branding is made from recycled and regenerated fibers," added Obaid. "Where possible, we practice the principles of 'reduce, reuse, and recycle' in all factory processes. We recommend that you buy earth-friendly products."
Scott Silver, president of Chesapeake Textiles, noted, "We can produce this toweling or fabric in any size and weight, whether for kitchen, bath or beach towels, and woven blankets, as well as the cut and sewn components."
The yarn process starts with reclaimed textile trimmings, which use 50% less water and 25% less electricity than virgin cotton material. Also avoided: additional bleaching and dyeing.
The products will have a natural heather or marl look, offered as 72% Eco2Cotton/24% acrylic/4% fibers such as viscose or polyester. The companies will develop products for any market or channel of distribution.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...