Kitan invests in worldwide names
Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 10/1/2001 12:00:00 AM
Kitan Consolidated Ltd.
Tel Aviv, Israel
President: Azri Gonen
Principal businesses: Kitan Textiles, Tango Ltd., the exclusive Israeli licensee for Levi Strauss brands; and Golf-Kitan Fashion Stores
One of Israel's leading textiles producers, Kitan is a vertically integrated textiles company perhaps best known in the United States as the supplier of the cotton fabrics used here in Royal Sateen Egyptian cotton luxury bedding, which triggered the increase of interest in super-soft sateens several years ago. Royal Sateen was first marketed here by Crown Crafts, and more recently through a spinoff company, Design Works, headquartered in Atlanta.
Kitan Textiles Industries Ltd. is the company's textile manufacturing and marketing arm, producing bedding, towels and bath robes for the Israeli and international markets. About 50 percent of the company's products are sold in the Israeli market.
Key to Kitan's marketing philosophy is its strategic affiliation with worldwide nameplates, and it markets its products using a portfolio of licenses and brands that includes the flagship Royal Sateen line, Esprit, and Benneton. Kitan holds the European license for Esprit and Mexx and maintains a European private label business as well.
Kitan Consolidated Ltd. is a public company traded on the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange with annual sales of about $170 million. It employs about 1,500 workers. Kitan is a subsidiary of the larger CII portfolio of companies.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...