ShopKo appoints Michael MacDonald chairman and ceo
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 5/24/2006 12:14:00 PM
Green Bay, Wis. -- ShopKo has named Michael MacDonald chairman and ceo, effective May 30. Interim ceo Paul White will continue as president and chief merchandising officer of the 135-store regional retailer.
MacDonald, who has more than 30 years of retail experience, was most recently chairman and ceo of the Saks Inc. division Northern Department Stores, which included Carson Pirie Scott, Bergner’s, Boston Store, Herberger’s and Younkers. Prior to that post, he had served in executive and finance roles at Marshall Field & Co. and Dayton Hudson.
"We are confident Paul and Mike will form an excellent partnership to lead ShopKo’s growth and revitalize our brand," said Scott King, managing director of ShopKo parent Sun Capital Partners.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...