Penney to discuss quotas
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 5/14/2004 12:00:00 AM
PLANO, Texas — The elimination of quotas in January will be one of the major issues discussed at the JCPenney vendor summit meeting here on Wednesday, May 19.
Vanessa Castagna — chairman and CEO of JCPenney stores, catalog and Internet — said that the summit meeting, an annual event, will review the information presented at last month’s financial analysts’ meeting, and explore how the vendor base can support Penney as well as “what we can do to help them work with us.”
Key topics will include the JCPenney customer and the level of quality and fashion focus needed to improve customer relations. Another issue will be increasing operational efficiencies, which range from getting costs down to transportation and packaging.
“We have to have our key suppliers joined at the hip with us on everything from the design of the product to the shipment of product,” Castagna said.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...