Jay Franco acquires David & Goliath license
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 7/9/2004 12:00:00 AM
NEW YORK — Jay Franco & Sons has just acquired the David & Goliath license for bedding and bath from Haywin Textile Products, which is currently re-aligning its operation.
Jay Franco begins shipping existing products produced by Haywin next week to such retailers as Bed Bath & Beyond, Boscov’s Department Stores and May Company.
While the new licensing agreement has been in negotiations for the past two and a half weeks between Jay Franco, Haywin and David & Goliath, the changeover is effective immediately.
"We’re very excited to be involved with this license because we believe so strongly in this product. It gives us entry into the specialty store and department store market," said Joe Franco, president of Jay Franco & Sons. "We think this license has legs and will be around for a long time."
In other news, Jay Franco recently partnered with Sandra Lee Semi-Homemade for a new collection of home products featuring the lifestylist’s craft philosophy. Three designs are available in the new line of bedding, dec pillows, window, rugs, towels, shower curtains, bath accessories, kitchen textiles, placemats, napkins, aprons and chair pads. Consumers can personalize each design by adding ribbons, eyelet, beading, flowers, tassels, roping or other enhancements. They include Cottage Chic, a soft rose pattern; Hotel, a style evocative of five-star properties; and Classics.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...