Long-time exec Herbert Raab passes away
-- Home Textiles Today, 5/29/2009 10:31:00 AM
New York – Veteran retailing executive Herbert Raab died here on May 11. He was 83.
Raab who spent 37 years with the former R.H. Macy & Co organization, earlier was at the Newark, N.J. division of Macy. He became a vp of home furnishings at the New York-based Macy’s where he headed the furniture, rugs and lighting departments in the 1970s. He was with the Macy organization for 37 years.
In the early1980s, he became president of the iconic high-end home furnishings retail chain W. & J. Sloane, based in New York. He later became senior vp of high-end home furnishings retailer, Milford Wayside Furniture, Milford, Conn.
Durijng his career, Raab was known for highlighting stars from fashion and home furnishings including John Weitz, Jay Yang and Giorgio St. Angelo.
He was a member of the legendary Harvard Business School class of 1949 that also produced graduates Marvin Traub and Ed Finklestair.
He also served on the board of HOLA, the Hispanic Organization of Latin Actors, and took continuing education at New York University.
He is survived by his wife, Carmen Aybar of multi-product supplier Idea Nuova, a son, daughter, stepson and three grandchildren.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...