N.Y. Home Furnishings and Design Community Plan Charity Event
-- Home Textiles Today, 10/19/2009 12:00:00 AM
New York —
Members of the home furnishing and design community will honor Karastan’s Elizabeth Miller and help raise funds for Susan G. Komen for the Cure during a reception benefiting the organization’s research, public education and medical care initiatives.
Home for the Cure will take place Oct. 29, from 6 until 8 p.m. CHF Industries principals Frank Foley and Joan Karron are hosting the event at their One Park Avenue showroom, where Dara Richardson-Heron, MD, the ceo of Komen Greater NYC, will be the featured speaker.
Donations to Komen for the Cure will be accepted at the door or can be pledged online at www.info-komen.org/goto/home_for_the_cure.
Miller, senior vp of design at Karastan, was diagnosed with the disease in 2005. The following year, she organized a fundraising reception during National Breast Cancer Awareness Month in conjunction with Executives Working in Home Textiles and continued to do so every October since.
This year’s Home for the Cure event is sponsored by five industry associations: Executives Working in Home Textiles, International Furnishings and Design Association, Greater New York Home Furnishings Association, American Society of Interior Designers and National Kitchen and Bath Association. Corporate sponsors are funding the event so that all proceeds can be donated to Susan G. Komen.
“Elizabeth Miller is an inspiration to all who know her, and she’s made this event a rallying cry for everyone in our industry—men and women alike—to lend their support,” said Karron. “On this special evening we will not only be honoring her but also our mothers, wives, daughters, sisters and all others in our lives who are fighting the fight against this insidious disease.”
The presentation by Dr. Richardson-Heron will begin at approximately 7 p.m. He will discuss the progress being made in breast cancer research and how Komen, through its research funding, helps survivors.
For more information or to R.S.V.P. for the event contact EWHT at (646) 368-6840, or email@example.com.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...