Flur promoted to chief merchant at Family Dollar
-- Home Textiles Today, 8/18/2009 9:27:00 AM
Matthews, N.C. – Family Dollar Stores has named Dorlisa Flur executive vp-chief merchandising officer.
Robert George, her predecessor, has left the company.
Flur joined Family Dollar in 2004 as senior vp for strategy and business development. In October 2008, she was promoted to executive vp for strategy and marketing. Prior to joining Family Dollar, Flur was a principal with the consulting firm,McKinsey & Company.
“At Family Dollar, we have undertaken significant efforts to understand our customers better. Integrating this knowledge with our merchandising decisions is critical to our mission of providing customers with a compelling place to shop,” said Howard Levine, chairman and ceo. “With her extensive knowledge of our customer, our strategy and our merchandising processes, Dorlisa is uniquely positioned to lead our merchandising team.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...