Joel Mintz, 59, remembered
Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 2/12/2001 12:00:00 AM
WEEHAWKEN, NJ -Services were held last week for Joel Mintz, vp, Domestications, who died at the age of 59.
Mintz, a catalog retail veteran, had been with Domestications since 1998. He also worked at Fingerhut from about 1989 to 1996 in a number of executive positions. He then became vp, merchandising at Lillian Vernon in 1996 for a year, and consulted with the catalog for another year. He has no immediate survivors.
Steve Goldberg, president of Hanover Direct's catalog business, which includes Domestications, called Mintz "a highly regarded and skilled merchant. He had a great knack and talent for recognizing winning product. He had an enormous sense of energy and a great sense of fun and zest."
Dick Tate, president of the Fingerhut catalog, worked with Mintz for almost 10 years. "Joel was a great merchant and a real character. He enjoyed life a lot and had a lot of passion for what he did. I'll miss the guy," he said.
David Hochberg, vp, public affairs, Lillian Vernon, echoed that feeling. "It's a tremendous loss. I loved that guy. He was a knowledgeable expert on the marketplace and a wonderful man to work with. He had a good merchandising style and a good management style."
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...