Ross Stores Buying 46 Sunbelt Stores
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 10/16/2006 12:00:00 AM
Pleasanton, Calif. —
Ross Stores will acquire 46 real estate sites from supermarket operator Albertsons, in California, Florida, Texas, Arizona, Colorado, and Oklahoma, to be converted into Ross and dd's DISCOUNTS stores during 2007.
Ross vice chairman, president and ceo Michael Balmuth said, “We believe this transaction offers a rare chance to enhance our long-term growth prospects and returns by adding these stores, almost all in our highly productive, core Sunbelt states.”
The $4.9 billion off-price retailer said that site conversion work following the move will increase its fiscal 2006 capital expenditures by up to $10 million.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...