Merrimac intros Premier Collection
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 11/9/2007 12:10:00 PM
Norwood, Mass. – Merrimac Textiles, the piece goods division of Barrow Inds., is introducing the Premier Collection by Merrimac, a range of high-end jacquards in chenille and luxury damask constructions.
The collection will debut at Showtime next month in High Point, N.C. and will encompass at least 25 patterns. The designs will be mostly traditional with some contemporary and transitional looks, said Bill Fish, svp. All will be up-the-roll designs. Constructions will be mostly polyester warps with some rayon chenille, rayon fills, and cottons.
The launch collection will be small, Fish said, to be followed by a much broader offering for Showtime next June. Price points for this collection will be from $5.95 to $9.95. Plans call for a $14.95 top in the next collection.
The fabrics, made in China, are available on a China-to-China basis as well as from the company’s distribution center in Suwanee, Ga.
“The new collection of higher end product is meant to complement and round out our current product offering and ultimately give buyers a legitimate new resource at the upper end of the market,” said Jeffrey Barrow, president. He emphasized the capability of the Chinese supply chain to weave intricate construction, as well as the company’s U.S. design capabilities as advantages.
The Premier Collection is targeted to OTC retailers, decorative jobbers and upper end furniture manufacturers.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...