Springs ups the ante in sheets
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 10/1/2004 11:52:00 AM
FORT MILL , S.C. — Springs has added a new 600-count sateen sheet to its Wamsutta line, topping its previous 500-count ceiling.
But the company also will be featuring high-performance fabrics/treatments at the upcoming New York Home Textiles Market such as Amicor, Lycra, Coolmax and Teflon. They constitute part of Springs' growing Wamsutta Sleepology program, which includes a new wrinkle-free 360-count cotton sheet set. Wamsutta Sleepology is centered around solution-based sheets that address consumers' concerns about better fit, durability, dust mites, wrinkles and comfort through temperature control.
"We've been through the thread-count wars, so where we are now is attribute products that address customer needs in the marketplace," said Jon Murphy, sheet product manager for Wamsutta at Springs. "We are trying to focus on lifestyle enhancers now and think the retailer is looking for new product, new direction as well."
The new 600-count sheet line with be available in leaf, wintergreen, daffodil, olive, mauve, sunset orange, copper and crystal.
Springs has also repositioned the Wamsutta 400-count luxury-sateen program from a price-value standpoint, moving it from $59.99 queen retail to $49.99, adding a new hem treatment and new packaging.
"We're bringing retails down in order to continue to provide value and address marketplace conditions," said Murphy.
Also new are 250-count cotton-soft blend and 300-count 60/40 blend sheet sets.
In towels, a new unbranded Color Expressions cotton towel with a palette of 24 colors has been added. The palette consists of six clean contemporary brights, six whitened brights, six pastels and six deep traditional colors.
In Wamsutta, a new ring-spun cotton towel has been added in 12 pale dusty pastels and mid-traditional colors. In addition, a special construction towel of modal and cotton has also been added with a palette of 18 light pastels and deep colors.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...