Kohl's Montgomery Retires, Mansell Named chairman
-- Home Textiles Today, 9/7/2009 12:00:00 AM
Menomonee Falls, Wis. —
Larry Montgomery retired from Kohl's after a career of 21 years, effective Sept. 1.
President and ceo Kevin Mansell will add chairman to his title.
Mansell joined Kohl's in 1982 as a divisional merchandise manager and was promoted to general merchandise manager in 1987, eventually taking on responsibility for merchandise planning and allocation. He was promoted to senior executive vice president of merchandising and marketing in 1998.
The following year, he was named president. In 2008, he was named ceo.
Montgomery will remain on the board of directors through Jan. 30, 2010, to assist with the transition.
Montgomery joined the company in 1988 as senior vice president and director of stores. During the ensuing years, Montgomery held the progressive positions of executive vice president and vice chairman.
In 1994, he was appointed to the board of directors, and in February 1999, Montgomery was promoted to ceo. He has held the position of chairman since 2003.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...