By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 11/7/2005 12:00:00 AM
Wal-Mart Starting Holidays Early
Wal-Mart Stores, Inc. moved up the date of its holiday advertising campaign to Nov. 1.
The campaign consists of a multi-media barrage integrated across all channels and in-store signage. The blitz features celebrities such as Garth Brooks, Queen Latifah and Destiny's Child.
The full holiday campaign will feature six 30-second television spots and one 60-second spot, which will run on network and national cable stations and in national syndication and local markets, as well as a two-minute video for video-on-demand, which will be run by various cable providers. Four print ads are set to run in November and December magazines including InStyle, O, Entertainment Weekly, Redbook, People and Us Weekly.
Pottery Barn Launches Style House
Pottery Barn hopes to be a how-to destination for holiday — and everyday — decorating and entertaining with its new “Style House” online magazine, which launched last week.
Linked to the Pottery Barn store's Web site, the magazine can be found at www.potterybarn.com/stylehouse and boasts “the latest in decorating and entertaining solutions, as well as home style trends.”
This initial issue offers customers tips on how to create a silver Eucalyptus garland, tell a story with oversized picture frames and concoct a “Berry Merry Christmas” champagne cocktail, among dozens of other holiday and everyday decorating and entertaining-related pointers.
Ikea Opening Massachusetts Store
Ikea, having celebrated its 20th birthday in the United States last month, will open its first Massachusetts store in Stoughton, on Nov. 9.
The 346,000 square-foot store features nearly 10,000 exclusively designed home furnishings and accessories and employs approximately 500. The store will also present more than 50 room-setting displays and three model homes that represent a variety of living situations.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...