DuPont, Ciba join forces
Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 3/11/2002 12:00:00 AM
WILMINGTON, DE —
DuPont Textiles and Interiors (DTI), the new wholly owned DuPont subsidiary, and Ciba Specialty Chemicals have formed a business alliance to develop new combined offerings for the DTI portfolio of brands which now include DuPont Stainmaster and DuPont Teflon fabric protector.
Ciba Specialty Chemicals and DuPont have been collaboration since 1990 on stain release and repellent finishes. The new joint development and marketing agreement enables both companies to share intellectual and technical resources.
As part of the new effort, the existing Teflon team — Teresa Kleinhans, global business manager, and Lisa Pfrommer, marketing manager — will keep their roles managing the Teflon business within DTI. Kleinhans reports to Greg Vas Nunes, global apparel segment director.
Teflon has long been a fabric protector used in the home furnishings fabric business. New branded offerings are being developed to reinforce a broader easy care positioning.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...