New bar, eatery opening for High Point Market
100 High will feature tapas, music
-- Home Textiles Today, 9/2/2009 11:35:00 AM
High Point, N.C. — A new entertainment spot is set to open for the fall High Point Market in the former Noble's restaurant in Showplace West.
Called 100 High, partially named after its address at Main Street and High Street, and as a tribute to the market's 100th anniversary, the new venue will be part eatery, part bar and part "happening meeting place," according to its owners. During market, it will serve tapas, wines and cocktails from 5 p.m. until 11 p.m. and will feature music and dancing.
100 High will be open Thursday, Oct. 15 through Wednesday, Oct. 21. Private parties of up to 90 guests can be accommodated. A low country shrimp boil and music by Melva Houston will be featured for the market kickoff on Friday, Oct. 16, beginning at 5 p.m.
"High Point Market guests deserve a sophisticated, fun, entertainment alternative after the workday is done and 100 High fits that model," said Joanna Easter, Showplace's chief operating officer. "Our focus will be on providing great music, a selection of great wines, beer, cocktails and a changing menu of tapas to tempt the palate."
100 High will be run by third-generation restaurant owner Murphy Gregg, owner of Diamondback Grill in Winston-Salem, N.C.
Easter expects the new venue to be open for other events, including the Showtime fabric show, the High Point premarket (although not the next one, set for Sept. 14-15) and non-industry events such as entertainment at the nearby High Point Theater.
For information, call (336) 882-9100 or go online to www.showplace-highpoint.com.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...