Orian hires execs to manage expansion
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 1/12/2004 12:00:00 AM
ANDERSON, S.C. —
Under its corporate restructuring and expansion into new market segments, area and accent rug manufacturer Orian Rugs Inc. recently hired two industry veterans and one consumer products marketing executive to head its sales and marketing management.
Don Newton has been named senior vice president, sales and marketing, Patrick Noone has been named vice president, sales, and Jan Pourquoi has been named vice president, business development.
While all three posts are newly created, Newton's and Noone's replace the former vice president of sales and marketing position, which was occupied by Randy Gardner before he left the company recently to join Mohawk Home.
Newton and Pourquoi report to Wim DePape, chief operating officer. Noone reports to Newton.
Newton joins Orian after 25 years in the floor covering business. Most recently, he was director of sales and marketing for Milliken Rugs and before that worked with Foamex Cushion as senior vice president, sales and marketing.
Noone comes to Orian with more than 20 years experience in sales and marketing of consumer products. Past positions include director of sales for Sara Lee Apparel and vice president, sales and marketing for Bush Industries.
Pourquoi is a veteran of the machine woven area rug business, with past experience in sales management and as vice president, operations, with Beaulieu. At Orian, he focuses on research and development, including all phases of product development and merchandising.
Orian manufactures and distributes woven machine-made area rugs from its manufacturing and distribution center. The company is looking to expand into floor covering stores with constructions in area rugs and an expanded line of accent rugs, Newton said.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...