Sarita Handa Grows Denyse Schmidt Quilts
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 3/6/2006 12:00:00 AM
New York —
Sarita Handa Exports is rolling out three new patterns by modernist quilt designer Denyse Schmidt. The 100% cotton quilts are being distributed with spring 2006 shipments to specialty stores. The three designs, all patchwork-pieced front and back, are called Spool, Single Girl and String Theory; each can be merchandised with coordinating shams, dec pillows and Euro pillows.
In a partnership dating to 2004, the Denyse Schmidt designs are hand sewn by the New Delhi-based manufacturer. Retail prices for the quilts range from $225 to $375; pillows will be prices from $50 to $80.
Spool comprises eccentric contrasting squares, including reproductions of vintage fabrics in two colorways: pool and orange. Single Girl features an offbeat take on the traditional “double ring” wedding pattern in an olive colorway. String Theory offers an updated play on the quilting technique of combining slender strips of fabric; colorways are red and blue.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...