Williams-Sonoma gets greener with catalog paper
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 11/29/2006 1:24:00 PM
San Francisco– Williams-Sonoma, Inc. said it will source more than 95% of its catalog paper stock from sources certified by the Forest Stewardship Council, a non-profit organization devoted to encouraging the responsible management of the world's forests.
"Today's announcement takes Williams-Sonoma, Inc.'s existing environmental commitment a step further by becoming the first major catalog company to print all of its catalogs on Forest Stewardship Council certified sustainable paper," said Todd Paglia, executive director of ForestEthics.
The retailer publishes seven catalog titles. It said it has already achieved “up to 30% post-consumer recycled content in many other components of its business such as shipping cartons, in-store collateral, gift wrap, gift boxes, copy paper, and corporate stationery.”
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...