F. Schumacher Joins Call to Protect Copyrights
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 6/19/2006 12:00:00 AM
New York — —
New York — F. Schumacher & Co. has joined the legal and lobbying battle to protect copyrights in the increasingly globalized marketplace.
At issue is the “Orphan Works” Amendment to the Copyright Act, on which Congressional action is expected within the next several weeks. Schumacher senior vp and general counsel Corinne P. Kevorkian notes that the intent of the Amendment is to water down protection, enforcement and penalty measures.
The feared effect would be to make it more difficult to recover damages when home textiles suppliers' copyrighted designs and products are “knocked off” by manufacturers and others operating outside the United States.
For further information, Kevorkian can be reached at email@example.com or (212) 213-7753.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...