Kingsbury Named Top Executive at BCF
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 12/15/2008 12:00:00 AM
Burlington, N.J. —
Off-price retailer Burlington Coat Factory (BCF) has named Thomas Kingsbury, 56, president and ceo.
He was most recently senior evp at Kohl's, with oversight of marketing, business development, e-commerce and information technology.
With more than 30 years in softlines retailing, Kingsbury previously worked at May Department Stores, where he was president and ceo of the largest division, Filene's/Kaufmann's.
Kingsbury will replace Mark Nesci, a 37-year BCF veteran who was ceo since 2006. After announcing his intention to retire from the $3.4 billion retailer, Nesci "played an active role in the search for his successor while continuing to operate the business," the company said. He will continue as a senior advisor to the board and as an equity investor in BCF, which is owned by Bain Capital Partners.
The Luxury Linens division of BCF is No. 17 on the HTT Top 50 Retailing Giants list, with 2007 home textiles sales of $304 million.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...