'Grand' format will boost Sears at home
By Carole Sloan -- Home Textiles Today, 4/14/2003 12:00:00 AM
HOFFMAN ESTATES, IL —
Home fashions will have a larger home in the new "Sears Grand" stores that will begin test programs this fall.
The five planned pilot stores will be the first off-the-mall units for Sears full line stores with the initial opening in West Jordan, UT, a suburb of Salt Lake City. The second pilot store will open in Gurney, IL next year. All will be one level.
The "Sears Grand" stores will be considerably larger than Sears mall units. Typical selling space for current Sears stores is 90,000 to 95,000 square feet, according Linda Blakley, a Sears spokeswoman. The new stores will have 155,000 square feet of selling space in a 210,000-square-foot store.
The stores will carry home fashions, with a larger footprint being planned. But at this time, Blakley added, "decisions about particular lines of business are still being made."
Sears will introduce new merchandise categories including toys, plants and fertilizers, beauty products, dry groceries and greeting cards. "We have improved our full-line stores to the point where current consumer trends need to be served," Blakley added. The new stores will let us be more able to provide everyday solutions to these product needs."
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...