Textiles Suppliers Join Winter Las Vegas Market
Show Set for Jan. 28-Feb. 1
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 1/7/2008 12:00:00 AM
Las Vegas —
New styles and trends will be on display in three juried shows cited within the temporary exhibits that open Jan. 29 during the Las Vegas Market, which will run Jan. 28 – Feb. 1.
For the first time, the temporary booths — more than 500 of them — will be in the MGM Grand.
The three trend shows are Design & Living, Living Green Pavilion and a new addition, ConText, which will be sharply focused on textiles and "top of bed" products.
The ConText area will feature new exhibitors Nest Linens and Revman International, as well as returning resources SDH, Bella Notte, Peacock Alley and Jiti Bedding, according to the Market.
"The MGM is going to be a dynamic showcase of companies and new products, and it should not be missed by Market attendees," said Michelle Monteferrante, World Market Center vp of international development.
In related news, three trend forecasters will explore home décor trends at the market: Pantone's Leatrice Eiseman, Merrill Greene of Stylesight and Michelle Lamb of Marketing Directions will each give presentations.
The Forecast series, co-sponsored by the Market and Furniture Style magazine, will start at 10 a.m. Jan. 28, as Eiseman, director of Pantone's Color Institute and author of seven books on color, will speak about trends in color.
Design and fashion forecaster Greene, creative director for Stylesight, will speak on fabric and fashion at 10 a.m. Jan. 29, sharing her view on spring 2009 colors, fabrics and styling details from the fashion runways, and explaining which ones will impact the home furnishings industry.
Lamb will speak at 10 a.m. Jan. 30 on the emerging styles, colors, categories, moods and motifs shaping the way people decorate; this will run as a live edition of her Trendwatch column in Accessory Merchandising magazine, which is co-sponsoring the event.
Another educational offering will be the new Design Icon series, featuring designer Vladimir Kagan. More details and a list of seminars are online at www.lasvegasmarket.com.
We would love your feedback!
- Dec 11, 2007
- Dec 12, 2007
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...