By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 12/12/2005 12:00:00 AM
Sears Execs Look To Acquire Sears Canada
Sears Holdings Corporation is proposing to acquire the outstanding common shares of Sears Canada Inc. in a transaction that would total approximately $718.5 million.
The offer of $16.86 (Canadian) per share represents an 8.7 percent premium over the Dec. 2 closing price and a 22.2 percent premium over the average closing price since Aug. 31, the date that Sears Canada announced it had entered into an agreement to sell its Credit and Financial Services business. Sears already owns 53.8 percent of Sears Canada.
Following the transaction, Sears Canada would become a wholly owned subsidiary of Sears Holdings.
Field's Launches Holiday Campaign
Marshall Field's recently launched a series of nine 30-second advertising spots featuring the retailer's holiday theme, “There's no place like Field's.”
“The concept of this campaign is natural and unscripted to embody the holidays and the sentiment of the season as seen through the eyes of children,” said Paul Cavalli, senior vice president of marketing and visual merchandising. “We believe each spot will strike a cord with our guests.”
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...