Luxury bedding next move for Vera Wang
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 4/18/2008 2:29:00 PM
New York – Vera Wang next month will debut a high-end bedding line to broaden her reach in home and extend her bridal empire. In 2009 and 2010, the designer plans to move into rugs, decorative fabric, furniture, lighting, decorative accessories and paint.
After 20 years in the bridal gown business, Vera Wang has “an incredibly authoritative view,” said Laura Lee Miller, president of Vera Wang Licensing.
The home textiles line, produced under license by Sferra Bros., will launch in tandem with a new website, verawangonweddings.com. Linens will be sold exclusively online and fulfilled by Vera Wang for six months. Then, beginning in January 2009, the company will offer the line to about 500 independent fine linens retailers, with Sferra handling fulfillment.
The new luxury line is developed independently of the Simply Vera Vera Wang program exclusive to Kohl’s, and the teams for each occupy separate divisions, said Miller.
Fabric for Vera Wang Fine Linens is woven in Italy, and all hand-work is done in Vietnam, she added. Fabrications include linen, percale, cotton and cashmere. Bedding is limited to queen and king sizes – as is the licensed line of mattresses with Serta.
Pricing ranges from $225 to $295 for sheets, $525 to $650 for duvet covers, and $475 to $2,400 for bed blankets in queen. Throw blankets range from $375 to $1,050, and decorative pillows from $75 to $265.
The new e-commerce site will also sell existing Vera Wang product in tabletop, giftware, fragrance, shoes, mattresses, lingerie and stationery.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...