Ultra-rich spending ‘strategically’
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 10/17/2008 12:44:00 PM
Stevens, Pa. -- Ultra-affluent shoppers are still spending, only “more strategically,” according to a survey by Unity Marketing. Ultra-affluent consumers – with incomes of $250,000 and up -- have cut spending on luxuries by nearly 20% in 2008 vs. last year.
Pam Danziger, president of Unity Marketing, said about half the ultra group are preparing lists, researching purchases and doing comparison shopping. They are shopping less frequently, cutting back on restaurant dining, streamlining fashion purchases by concentrating more on sales, visiting outlets, and opting for less premium brands.
A less-affluent group -- those making $100,000 to $249,999 – has also cut back, by 10%, in the first three quarters of 2008 vs. 2007.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...