WestPoint Home, Allstar Products Team up for Snuggie
Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 6/22/2009 12:00:00 AM
Hawthorne, N.Y. —
Bedding and bath house WestPoint Home has teamed up with consumer products branding, marketing and distributor Allstar Products Group to produce, sell and distribute the Snuggie brand.
WestPoint Home has gained exclusive rights to produce and distribute the Snuggie to volume department stores and specialty off-price retailers. Allstar will remain the sole marketer and main distributor of the Snuggie brand.
Under the agreement, WestPoint Home serves as a creative source for Snuggie product extensions.
“We are excited to work with the Allstar Products Group,” said John Piazza, president and ceo of WestPoint Home. “They are experts in taking innovative products and building them into successful consumer brands through the power of television.”
Allstar Products Group creates multi-million dollar brands in consumer categories, such as home and garden products as well as housewares, fitness equipment and toys. Some of the company’s top-selling direct-response TV products include Snuggie, Bendaroos, Topsy Turvy Smart Spin, Debbie Meyer Green Bags, AquaGlobes and LegMagic.
The licensing partnership represents one of many for WestPoint Home, which also bedding and bath under license for Lauren Ralph Lauren, Charisma, IZOD, Rachael Ray and Harley Davidson. The company also produces products for its own house brands such as Martex, Grand Patrician, Atelier Martex, Baby Martex, Utica, Lady Pepperell, Deduction, Vellux and Chathan.
“We are pleased to be associated with WestPoint Home as they assist in our goal to continue the Snuggie phenomenon, getting the product into the hands of our ever-expanding consumer base,” said Scott Boilen, president of Allstar Products Group. “The reason behind the partnership is to utilize WestPoint’s specific bedding and home expertise to drive innovation in the newly formed 'blanket with sleeves’ category.”
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...