Decosit Develops for Fourth Decade
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 7/7/2008 12:00:00 AM
Brussels, Belgium —
The 30th edition of Decosit, the annual decorative fabrics exhibition sponsored by Textirama, will spread its wings in terms of product coverage, moving to include window coverings, outdoor fabrics, wall coverings and an expanded emphasis on contract furnishings.
Decosit, to be held at the Brussels Expo Sept. 13-16, moves beyond its original base — a Belgian-centric upholstery fabrics fair — which continues as the centerpiece. Over the three decades, it has expanded to include a full range of decorative fabrics; in recent years it hosted a smattering of window coverings and wall coverings suppliers as part of DecoContract, which was launched as an ancillary to Decosit seven years ago.
Participants will include new exhibitors in the window coverings and wall coverings segment as well as existing exhibitors with these product offerings.
Hall 12 will become a "green" zone where the products shown will reflect outdoorsy themes, including curtains for the outdoors and upholstery for outdoor furniture.
DecoContract focuses on the hospitality segment of the contract business. Two years ago, Decosit expanded the contract concept as an international trade fair for fabrics and furnishings. In 2009 and 2010, the concept will be expanded even further, the producer said.
In addition, Decotec, another arm of the exposition, focuses on new techniques and materials, and Expofil Deco emphasizes yarns. Indigo, the showplace for textile designers, continues its long-term liaison with Decosit.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...