Stein Mart ceo to retire
Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 6/10/2002 12:00:00 AM
JACKSONVILLE, FL —
Stein Mart Inc. ceo John Williams Jr. will relinquish his position at the end of the current fiscal year, Feb. 1, 2003.
Stein Mart president and coo Michael Fisher will add the role of ceo immediately following the departure of Williams, who had been ceo since 2001 after joining Stein Mart in 1980.
At the same time, Gwen Manto, executive vp and chief merchandising officer, will become a vice chairperson.
At the company's annual meeting last week, the current board was approved by shareholders for a one-year term. Williams and chairman Jay Stein were re-elected as directors.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...