Duncan new Fred Meyer president
Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 3/5/2001 12:00:00 AM
PORTLAND, OR -Sam Duncan has been promoted to president of Fred Meyer Stores from his position as president of Ralphs Supermarkets. Both are divisions of The Kroger Co.
He replaces Kenneth Thrasher, who announced his retirement.
Duncan has served as president of Ralphs since 1998. Prior to that he spent six years with Fred Meyer, holding a variety of upper-level management positions, including executive vp, food group. He took over at Ralphs after its acquisition by Fred Meyer in 1998.
"The opportunity to return to Fred Meyer is very exciting for me," said Duncan. "Our Fred Meyer team members have done a terrific job of building a strong business focused on customer service, and I'm looking forward to building on that success."
Thrasher retires after 19 years with Fred Meyer, where he joined in 1982 as vp and treasurer. As cfo for most of his career, he played important roles in a series of mergers that concluded with the Kroger merger in 1999, and later became president of Fred Meyer.
"We are grateful to Ken for his tremendous contributions to Fred Meyer and Kroger over the past several years," said David Dillon, president and coo, Kroger.
Thrasher said: "I had a great career at Fred Meyer. I feel very comfortable that I am leaving it in good hands. The company has great employees and strong leadership that I know will continue the legacy Mr. Meyer started.
"As for the future, I am really looking forward to spending more time with my family and doing the community work I love so much helping children and education in Oregon."
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...