Mount Vernon shifts LaFrance south
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 5/26/2003 12:00:00 AM
GREENVILLE SC —
Fabric producer Mount Vernon Mills has "transitioned" its LaFrance Home retail business to Southern Home Accents, also based here.
Southern Home has been involved with the product development, the cut and sew, and at one point in the past, with LaFrance Home's retail distribution.
The transition is not an acquisition, according to Scott Goodman, vp, sales and marketing, Southern Home Accents. However, Southern Home will acquire existing inventory to ensure a steady flow of deliveries, he said.
"Southern Home will retain all of the finished product division's marketing, merchandising and sales staff. Mount Vernon's LaFrance fabric division will continue to supply fabrics for the line, and the finished products group will significantly expand our product offerings with imports using Southern Homes expertise," Goodman said.
"We are excited about continuing to supply well designed quality fabrics for Southern Home for the retail market. We look forward to a simple transition and a successful partnership," said Charles Little, president of LaFrance Industries.
Southern Home Accents plans to show its new lines during the September 2003 New York Home Textiles Market in the LaFrance showroom at 230 5th Ave.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...