Sunham Debuts Modern Comfort by Angela Adams
By Carole Sloan -- Home Textiles Today, 3/23/2009 12:00:00 AM
New York —
A mix of geometric forms and nature-inspired designs were the core of the debut bed and bath collection Modern Comfort by Angela Adams at Sunham.
Four beds with coordinating bath products, including accessories, quilts, duvets and decorative pillows, make up the initial program. Within each product category, "we will work on any configurations — sets and open stock as well as individual units for duvets and decorative pillows," explained Jerry Haggerty, global sales manager for the Angela Adams brand. "We're looking to sell better linens retailers in different channels of distribution."
Walking through the product lineup, Adams described the four core patterns: Rosa Rugosa, "embracing ocean colors;" Casco, a light-hearted print "reflecting a tidal pool;" Flora, "simple, organic shapes with floral origins;" and Kelly, "inspired by Maine's coastal areas, inducing modern comfort."
Each comes in bed and bath items. Sheets are 300 count cotton twill. Top of bed is 300 count cotton/bamboo sateen; the duvets are 400 count cotton sateen.
In addition, the duvet and decorative pillow group include color combinations such as mocha/chocolate/pink and a mélange of greens and blues. There also are nine quilts "designed to fill a void in the modern segment of the business," Adams noted.
Each bed pattern has coordinating, but not necessarily matching, towels, shower curtains, rugs and accessories. The towels range from overall interpretations of the prints to mini-pattern borders; accessories are shaped to the mood of each design.
Looking ahead, Adams "is looking to expand the product mix with beach towels and totes."
Packaging includes her signature zipper pull.
Sunham president Jane Bognacki remarked, "Angela's talent that is inspired by nature and implemented into lifestyle merchandise is exciting. She brings a fresh, modern, comfortable lifestyle that's very graphic and contemporary."
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...