Park B. Smith Drives Alumni Fundraiser
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 3/6/2006 12:00:00 AM
New York — —
New York — Already a major contributor to College of the Holy Cross (Worcester, Mass.), Park B. Smith, class '54, issued a challenge to alumni during its recent fund-raising drive, Lift High the Cross.
When it appeared the drive would hit $180 million, Smith, owner and chairman of Park B. Smith Ltd., challenged the others to lift the total to $190 million — and he would add $10 million totaling an even $200 million. It worked.
College president Rev. Michael C. McFarland, called Smith “a man who has made an indelible mark on the campus … academic, spiritual and athletic opportunities have been created, thanks to Park's generosity.”
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...