Raymond Waites Taps Alok for Organics
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 9/1/2008 12:00:00 AM
New York —
Raymond Waites Design and Next Creations are working in conjunction with Alok Industries of India to develop a certified organic line of bedding products.
"Our goal is to market to customers who are concerned about their 'environmental footprint' and are dedicated to making a difference. These products will be socially and environmentally responsible as well as stylish," said Stacey Testa, svp of Raymond Waites Design.
The companies noted that dubbing a product line "green" is a less stringent measure than qualifying for "organic" certification throughout the manufacturing and packaging processes.
For the upcoming September market in New York, Raymond Waites Design will launch the Reflections bedding collection in 100% organic cotton, featured in three print patterns and one jacquard — "ranging from lush florals to urban geometrics," the company said.
The items, in 300 thread count percale, will include duvet sets, comforter sets with recycled poly filling, and coverlet sets with recycled cotton filling, all with coordinating European shams and accessories, as well as sheet sets.
"The packaging will continue to enforce our statement by using 100% certified organic cotton," said Testa. "There will be no zippers, no plastic, and the inserts will be printed on recycled paper. The beauty of the packaging will encourage customers to reuse the bags."
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...