Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 3/24/2003 12:00:00 AM
JCPenney towel signage battles Lands' End
Sears scored a big point in its acquisition of Lands' End. But rival JCPenney just as quickly has lobbed a counter-point — placing signage across the bath department pointing out that the Good Housekeeping Institute rated The JCPenney Towel the equal of Lands' End's towel "on just about every test." Alongside the Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval, the copy reads "High Score! Low Price!", includes a flattering quote from the institute, and notes in bold lettering that Penney's towel is half the price of a Lands' End towel.
Bon-Ton names Tworecke president, ceo
The Bon-Ton Stores has appointed Frank Tworecke president and coo, reporting to Tim Grumbacher, chairman and ceo. Prior to joining the company as vice chairman and chief merchandising officer in 1999, Tworecke served as president and coo of Jos. A Bank Clothiers.
The Great Indoors prototype put on hold
The Great Indoors has put its prototype store opening on hold, originally scheduled for the second quarter of this year. The Sears division cited internal issues for the cause of the delay, with the prototype debut now slated for fourth quarter 2004.
Marshall Field's to debut designer bed and bath line
Marshall Field's has expanded its partnership with designer Thomas O'Brien and will add a line of bath and bedding to its stores by mid-April. Nine sheet styles will premier, as will towels and bath mats in ten colors and two alternating weaves. More specialty bedding and bath will debut later in the fall.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...