Avanti adds Cheri Blum license for mini-market
By Cecile B. Corral -- Home Textiles Today, 1/8/2001 9:13:00 AM
MOONACHIE, NJ - More bullish about winter mini-market 'than we've ever been before,' Avanti Linens has added a new and third license to its offerings for holiday 2001, president Michael Tauber said.
Cheri Blum, the Maryland-based artist who designs licensed products for more than 20 manufacturers of home, office and decorative goods, will now also design ensemble towel sets - bath, hand and tip - for Avanti.
'Her artwork has a very subtle and beautiful look. She has a very talented hand,' Tauber said. 'Cheri is becoming a world-renowned artist in the retail community.'
Avanti's Cheri Blum collection for winter mini-market, scheduled Feb. 4 to 8 in New York, will include six designs: a flying reindeer; two reindeer kissing; a snowman; a wreath; a topiary tree; and Santa.
The colors will be traditional Christmas red, green, navy blue, champagne and white on direct embroideries.
Cheri Blum is the third license Avanti acquired, and it will be introduced at winter mini-market.
The first is New York-based GT Marketing's 'Rudolph the red-nose reindeer,' for which Avanti is creating hand and tip towels for the third season. And last year, Avanti started making ensembles for the Spode 'Christmas Tree' license. Tauber said that, along with items from the Cheri Blum collection, Avanti will also introduce new pieces for the other two licenses this upcoming winter market.
Other manufacturers that are licensees of Cheri Blum include Croscill Home Fashions for bed and bath collections; Manual Woodworkers & Weavers for tapestry throws, wall hangings and pillows; and Tweel Home Furnishings for kitchen textiles.
Tauber added that items from the Cheri Blum collection are designed for department and specialty stores.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...