Costa Blanca targets specialty stores
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 6/14/2004 12:00:00 AM
HIGH POINT, N.C. —
Costa Blanca will introduce a new fabric collection and merchandising program designed for fabric specialty stores, called Destiny and Design.
The coordinated fabric collection is designed for window treatments, top-of-bed, upholstery and decorative pillows, according to Jack Korngold, vice president of Costa Blanca
The collection of about 65 skus features sheers — including embroideries — to heavyweight textures in all-cotton, linen/polyester and cotton/polyester blends. All fabrics are 118 inches to 130 inches wide, with costs ranging from $15 to $55 a yard.
The program, an extension of the European version, has been designed with fabrics specifically tailored to the American market, Korngold related.
Close to 3,000 stores carry the program in Europe.
The fabrics are produced by Interfabrics, parent of U.S.-based Costa Blanca in Alcoy, Spain, and will be shipped — cut order — within five business days via UPS to the stores, eliminating the need for inventory.
Fabrics are displayed on a kiosk that takes up only four square feet of floor space, Korngold noted, with each group of coordinated fabrics on a hanger with a photograph and detailed product specifications.
The kiosk is available at no charge for an introductory period, later it will be $1,000.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...