Macy's store 'heralds' Avanti towels
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 8/6/2002 2:32:00 PM
New York — Macy's has set up a wall over 40 feet tall that showcases 40 different collections of Avanti's embellished towel sets at its Herald Square store here at 34th Street.
"We've had the idea to do this for a long time, and now is when we were finally able to make a huge impact with the embellished towel category," Alan Natowitz, vp, dmm, home textiles, Macy's East, told HTT. "We have a close relationship with Avanti, and we wanted to make sure this display worked. And we believe it will be a success."
The size of that "impact" is 40 rows along three walls as well as more displays on several floor tables, all stocked with the manufacturer's best-selling bath, hand and tip coordinated embellished towel collections, including eight licensed folk artist Warren Kimble collections and many in-house designs like Castle Hill, Banana Palm, Tulips, Regal Pineapple, Rose Buds, Quilted Floral and Primrose.
"It represents the largest display Avanti has ever had in any stor," said Michael Tauber, president.
In addition, Natowitz said, the plan is to add the display to other Macy's East stores this fall. "Maybe not in as grand a way,” he said, “because we don't have the same luxury of space at other stores."
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...