Home Factors in JCP's Sales Slide
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 9/8/2008 12:00:00 AM
Plano, Texas —
Home and jewelry were the weakest departments in a disappointing August for JCPenney; the retailer reported a 3.2% drop in sales to $1.51 billion, with comps sliding 4.9%.
Year-to-date (30 weeks) revenue of $9.92 billion is down 3.7%, with comps down 5.7%.
Looking at the five-week September retail month, 1,083-store JCP projects a "mid- to high-single digit decrease in comparable store sales, compared to a 3.7% decrease during the same period last year."
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...