IFDA honors Beckmann as Trailblazer
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 6/3/2008 11:41:00 AM
Los Angeles – The International Furnishings and Design Association has bestowed its 2008 Trailblazer Award upon textiles designer and colorist Barbara Beckmann, who received the honor at the IFDA Industry Forum and Conference here.
Cited for “innovation that meaningfully alters” the furnishings and design industry, Barbara Beckmann Designs is best known for handpainted and printed silks, hand-woven in Italy and Asia. Her company also sources groundcloths of linen, cotton, wool, velvet, wovens, and acrylic for interior designers and trade showrooms for residential and commercial markets.
The IFDA noted that Beckmann was “personally selected” by resort hotel developer Steve Wynn “to create fabrics for the Bellagio Hotel in Las Vegas.”
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...