Swirbul Trades Post for Consulting at Chris Stone
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 10/13/2008 12:00:00 AM
Vernon, Calif. —
Jay Swirbul has stepped down as vp, sales and marketing at decorative and upholstery fabric resource Chris Stone, a post he has held since June. He assumed the vp position after the departure of Mark Aizawa, president, and Andrea Bernstein, creative director, at that time.
Swirbul will remain with the company as an independent sales rep with some 15 to 20 accounts, and as a consultant.
"Jay has done a lot for us, and I personally think he has helped me to make some good changes at Chris Stone. I am glad that he will be continuing with us as a rep and consulting with us on sales and marketing strategy," said Brian Wygle, interim ceo.
Among the new efforts for the company, Wygle said, is the Chris Stone catalog, Chris Stone Now, that features "classic designs that are in inventory here. They are offered to smaller customers in cut yardage and they can use credit cards to pay." The catalog, he added, is a precursor to the company's website that will offer similar programs.
In addition, the company is evaluating "how to sell our products, and who to sell it to outside of the furniture business," Wygle stated. "I am personally conducting a customer survey." Chris Stone "is not replacing Jay, but we are bringing in a consultant to help determine the direction we should be taking in the sales department. We're going to take extra time in this regard."
Swirbul, who will add other lines to his fabric portfolio, commented, "I love Chris Stone, and I have learned a lot working with Brian Wygle, but I miss being a sales rep, and the extra travel [from Florida to California] was taking too much time from my family."
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...