Shaw plans vote on takeover bid
Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 12/18/2000 12:00:00 AM
DALTON, GA -Shaw Industries announced earlier this month that it has scheduled a special meeting of its shareholders to consider and vote on the acquisition of Shaw Industries by an investor group led by Berkshire Hathaway Inc.
The meeting is set for Jan. 4, 2001, at the offices of Shaw Industries here.
If shareholders of Shaw Industries approve the proposed acquisition, it is expected to become effective that same day or shortly thereafter.
Proxy materials containing more details about the meeting were mailed on Dec. 8 to shareholders of records as of Nov. 10.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...