Saks names ceo of dept. stores
By Andrea Lillo -- Home Textiles Today, 2/5/2001 12:00:00 AM
BIRMINGHAM, AL -Saks Inc. has announced the appointment of George Jones as ceo of its department store group, effective March 1.
He will be responsible for leading the company's traditional department store business, which totals $4 billion and includes 252 traditional department stores.
"I am extremely pleased to welcome George as a partner and as the leader of our very important traditional department store business," said Brad Martin, chairman and ceo. "After a decade of outstanding growth for this enterprise, operating results for the department store group during 2000 have been disappointing. During the second half of 2000, we took the merchandising, marketing, customer service and personnel actions necessary to regain our operating momentum in the department store group business. We are now seeing the positive results of these decisions and initiatives."
Jones has served as president of worldwide licensing and Studio Stores for Warner Bros. since 1994. He was also responsible for Warner Bros. Worldwide Publishing, Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment, and Kids WB Music.
Prior to Warner Bros., Jones held the post of president and ceo of Rose's Stores.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...