Franco, Hot Wheels take a drive
By Marvin Lazaro -- Home Textiles Today, 3/30/2001 12:00:00 AM
METUCHEN, NJ -Franco Manufacturing is getting a little racy this spring market.
The home textiles manufacturer, based here, and Mattel Inc. announced the signing of a licensing agreement for Franco to develop and produce bedding, bath and beach towel lines based on the popular Hot Wheels toys, which will be introduced during market.
"This new line will be different from anything else out in the marketplace," said David Franco, director of marketing, Franco Manufacturing. "We are very excited to be working with Mattel's Boys Licensing Group on this timeless brand, which is still relevant and cool to boys after 30 years."
The new bedding line will be constructed from a 120-count polyester/cotton blend. A red Hot Wheels car will be depicted on a cool blue stylized background with purple, yellow and red accents with the Hot Wheels logo displayed prominently on the pillowcase and comforter face.
Franco also said "a whole bunch of beach towel designs and bath towel designs" will be among the initial introductions. A third or fourth quarter shipping date is expected.
"Partnering with Franco Manufacturing will allow us to push the envelope on product development," said Jim Wagner, senior vp, marketing and licensing, Mattel. "Their innovative designs, combined with the Hot Wheels brand, offers retailers and consumers fashion forward products that boys will love."
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...