by Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 9/29/2003 12:00:00 AM
Home Depot to open additional NYC store
The Home Depot plans to open a second unit in Manhattan next summer. In addition to the store planned for 23rd Street near Fifth Avenue — its first in the borough — an approximately 83,000-square-foot unit will be located at 59th Street and Third Avenue, near Bloomingdale's.
The new stores will be pedestrian-oriented, multiple-level "urban neighborhood" stores, with showrooms on separate mezzanine levels.
Sears home fashions division chief to retire
Long time Sears executive Lyle Heidemann will retire at the end of this year. In May, he was given responsibility for the home fashions division as part of an organizational restructuring. Heidemann, executive vp, gmm of hard lines, became executive vp, general manager, home and off-mall stores (excluding The Great Indoors and the new Sears Grand pilot stores). Heidemann has been with Sears for 36 years. No successor has been named at this time
Bluefly names Payner-Gregor president
Internet retailer Bluefly has named Melissa Payner-Gregor, former president and ceo of Spiegel Catalog, to fill a new role as president and a member of its board. Payner-Gregor will report directly to Ken Seiff, ceo, and will be responsible for Bluefly's merchandising, marketing and e-commerce groups. With more than 23 years of retail experience, Payner-Gregor spent six years at Spiegel, overseeing the catalog, Internet and outlet stores.
Hancock president and coo to retire
Hancock Fabrics has announced that Jack Busby, president and coo, will retire at the end of its fiscal year ending Feb. 1, 2004. James Austin, executive vp, operations, has been named coo effective with Busby's retirement. Busby first joined Hancock in 1966 as a store manager, and was promoted throughout the years, becoming evp, coo, in 1996, and then president and a member of its board the following year. Austin joined Hancock in 2001 with more than 20 years of retail merchandising and marketing experience.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...