Dan River to cut 312 employees
Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 6/28/2004 12:00:00 AM
DANVILLE, VA. —
Dan River will cut 312 positions, including 100 salaried jobs and 212 associates, by eliminating a total of three shifts at its Piedmont comforter plant and sheet sewing operation.
"Recognizing the impact on our affected associates, the decision to make these reductions was regretfully made only after careful consideration," said Joseph Lanier Jr., Dan River chairman and CEO. "However, these moves are necessary because of continued slow sales of our bedding products, and the need to bring costs more in line with the current level of sales."
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...