Women's Group to Host Branding Breakfast
By Staff -- Home Textiles Today, 10/4/2004 12:00:00 AM
New York —
Target's Nancy Webster and industry guru Dave Tracy will discuss branding and private label development at a New York Market Week breakfast hosted by the Executive Women in Home Textiles on Oct. 10.
The event will take place in the 8th floor faculty dining room at the Fashion Institute of Technology, corner of 8th Avenue and 27th Street. The networking breakfast begins at 8 a.m. and the program is scheduled from 8:30 a.m. to 9:30 a.m. A bus will be available to shuttle attendees to the House to Home Market Week Show at the Jacob Javits Convention Center at 10 a.m.
“What seems almost trivial has become a strategic hard-core focus point as the industry becomes more globally competitive,” said Gloria Lang of the EWHT Steering Committee. “Do designers work with retailers? Do retailers seek out, nurture and develop designers? Do designers seek out their own global partners? And, how does licensing adapt as we all vie for market share?”
Tracy, of David Tracy Associates, has nurtured several powerhouse licenses, including Royal Velvet and Ralph Lauren Home. Webster, Target's vice president of product development, brings strong manufacturing/retailing knowledge and a long history of working with the design community to the mix. Also on the dais will be Aaron Stewart, design director at Sferra Brothers — luxury manufacturers of the Tommy Bahama and National Geographic license.
There is no charge for EWHT members. Admission for non-members and guests is $40. For information, contact infoEWHT@yahoo.com.
We would love your feedback!
Most Recent Resources
- Getting the most out of offline leads
- Free Shipping and the Importance of Onsite Promotion
- Should Branded Manufacturers Participate in Flash Sales?
- Rugs 101 - Special Edition
- How Big Is Your Label
- Choosing a Web Site Developer
- Convergence: Tie Your Online & Offline Experience...
- Social Networks to Social Shopping
- Why Brands and Their Retailers are Facebook’s Biggest...
- Web Based Intelligence Gathering
- The Future of Tablets
- Shopatron: Bicycles & eCommerce
- A Guide to Holiday eCommerce Success
- Mattress Buying 101 - Connecting with Consumers
- Designing Your Brand’s Website for eCommerce
- Global Sourcing in 2010: Doing More With Less
- Comparing Four Options for Turning Web Site Traffic into...
- Are You Prepared for the 2009 Holiday Season? A Branded...
- Design, Develop, Deliver: The Three D's to Digitally...